Much like the starter motor, the disassembly took place in April 2020 and the assembly months later – in this case December 2020. Without the reference photos this task would have been puzzling to say the least. That’s how things go when you need to wait a minimum of 4 weeks for parts to be blasted and plated.
I had two alternators to play with. The one with the pulley that splits in to two pieces is for an early 240Z and it accepts an 11mm belt. The later style switched to a 13mm belt and used a keyway. I had water pulleys in both sizes but spent a lot of time trying to source a crank pulley for the 11mm belt without any luck. I completed both alternators just in case I find one down the road.
This post will be very photo heavy. Not much to say other than enjoy!